Supporting the YEP-MED project
The MEDports Association joins Escola Europea (Barcelona) to celebrate the selection of the YEP-MED project by the European Neighbourhood Instrument (ENI)! An amount of 3,000,000 euros of funds will be given for its development.
What is the YEP-MED project?
The Young Employment in Ports of the Mediterranean (YEP-MED) is a project to better match labour supply (skills available on the labour market) with labour demand (generated by the port logistics sector and productive economic growth).
Thanks to the YEP-MED project, it will be also possible to enhance further the cooperation between the two banks of Mediterranean Sea, which constitutes one of the most important aims of the Association.
The MEDports Association looks forward to the continuation of the work and the implementation of the project!
Who are the participants?
The project will count on the support of entities to develop, such as:
- Port de Barcelona (Spain)
- Autorità Portuale Mar Tirreno Centro Settentrionale (Italy)
- Port de Marseille-Fos (France)
- Damieta Port Authority (Egypt)
- Office de la Marine Marchande et des Ports (Tunisia)
- Aqaba Development Corporation (Jordan)
- Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Beirut (Lebanon)
- Escola Europea – Intermodal Transport
- Fundación Valenciaport (Spain)
- Arab Academy (Egypt)
- Institut Méditerranéen de Formation aux Métiers Maritimes (Tunisia)
- MEDports Association, especially the Employment, Training and Maritime Expertise Committee
- Consell Valencià de la Joventut
- Etruria News – April, 27th 2020
- El Canal – April, 22nd 2020
- Cafe Virtuel – December, 29th 2019
- European Commission – 2011