LOOP-Ports Project Presentation
Presented during the 6th Coffee Meeting by Rocio Garcia Molina from Fundación Valenciaport, the LOOP-Ports Project recently won the IAPH World Ports Sustainability Award 2020.
The LOOP-Ports Project
The LOOP-Ports Project, funded by EIT Climate-KIC, aims to develop circular economy activities in Ports.
As main expected results of this project:
- Mapping of the characterisation of EU ports on circular activities
- Report on key success stories
- In-depth analysis of the main obstacles and catalysts
- Training material for the port sector
- Workshops with key stakeholders
- Business models to be replicated accompanied by a tailor-made web tool showing the results of the project
In total, the LOOP-Ports Projects gathers 44 Members + 14 European countries:
- 32 Port Authorities
- 4 Public Authorities
- 5 Port and Maritime Associations Members
- 3 Industry Associations
- 1 Environmental Management Organization
The MEDports Association, among with other Members, is very happy to be part of this great project!
IAPH 2020 World Ports Sustainability Awards
In February 2020, the LOOP-Ports Project has been shortlisted to compete in the “Climate and Energy” category of the World Ports Sustainability Awards.
On June 25th 2020, the World Ports Sustainability officially awarded the LOOP-Projects as best project of the year 2020!
- World Port Sustainability Program, “Collaborative project – The LOOP-Ports project”
- July 1st 2020, IAPH World Ports, “Congratulations to the winners of the 2020 IAPH Awards!“
- June 29th 2020, EIT Climate-KIC, “EIT Climate-KIC supported LOOP-Ports project wins prestigious sustainability award“
- June 25th 2020, Valencia Port Authority, “Dos proyectos liderados por Valenciaport galardonados en los Premios Mundiales de Sostenibilidad en Puertos 2020 de la IAPH“
- June 8th 2020, Jorge Miguel Lara Lopez LOOP-Ports, “LOOP-Ports presented in 6th of Medports association Coffee Meeting“
- February 19th 2020, Valencia Port Authority, “Dos proyectos liderados por Valenciaport finalistas en los IAPH World Ports Sustainability Awards 2020“